COVID-19 SAFEGUARDS FOR OSTEOPATHY & REHABILITATION
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR OSTEOPATHY APPOINTMENT WITH OUR NEW COVID-19 SAFEGUARDS IN PLACE
Our booking procedure remains the same. Our receptionists are available on 01892 671764 or visit our online booking system here.
Please note that appointments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
Once you have booked your appointment you will receive an automated email which will include a link to this webpage. Here you will find our 5-minute video outlining our new appointment procedures and protocols. You will need to read the section related to our COVID-19 procedures and view the video before your appointment can take place. In this section you will also find a link to download our GDPR Consent Form. If you have not filled in one of these before, please do so and email a copy to me here before your appointment.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
If you are a new client to Flow or if it is not clear that your appointment is a follow-up from a previous recent consultation, it will be necessary for Ben to have a telephone call with you prior to your visit before your appointment can be confirmed. This can either be in the afternoon of the day before your appointment between 4 and 5pm or on the morning of your appointment between 8 and 9am. You will be contacted by our receptionists to decide which of these is most convenient for you.
In the phone call with Ben you will need to confirm the following:
- You have read this document and watched the video in full outlining our new appointment procedures, you understand theses procedures and the need for you to wear the surgical grade face mask which we will provided.
- You have not developed symptoms in the last 7 days that might indicate an active COVID-19 infection.
- You are not designated to be in a group with heightened vulnerability to COVID-19.
- No members of your household has or has had symptoms of COVID-19 or are in a high-risk category.
- You have not been been in contact with someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in last 14 days.
- You accept that, whilst we have put in place all required safeguards to mitigate the risks of infection, we cannot eliminate all risks.
The phone call will also be an opportunity to discuss:
- The issue that has necessitated your appointment
- Alternative options to a face-to-face appointment such as advice over the telephone or via email or a virtual consultation using Zoom
- Whether you require a chaperone. NB> It will be necessary to telephone the person acting as your chaperone for them to confirm points 1-6 above. To allow time for this, 48 hours notice will be needed before your appointment.
- Any questions you may have about the forthcoming appointment.
PAYMENT & COSTS
If it is agreed that the appointment will go ahead, payment will be processed over the phone using our usual payment system. It will also be agreed that your card details can be retained by us in a secure encrypted form to allow payment to be taken prior to any further appointments you may need.
The PPE and sanitisation and timetabling safeguards that we are required to put in place amount to a significant increased cost to our practice. Whilst we will absorb a proportion of this, we cannot cover it all. We have therefore decided that the appointment fee structure will be:
- Initial appointment for new patients (45-60 minutes) and follow-up appointments (30 minutes) £50
- Surcharge for PPE per appointment £5
- Surcharge for a telephone call prior to the appointment if required (as outlined above) £5
We have decided that, although we will need to add 15 minutes between appointments to allow for cleaning and to prevent crossover of patients within the Flow premises, there will not be an additional charge for this.
PROCEDURES & PROTOCOLS
- To help us minimise the chances of contamination, please bring as little as you can with you. Ideally you will not have a bag or a coat or even a mobile phone with you.
- Please note that we cannot provide drinks.
- Whilst we do have toilet facilities onsite, it is better for your safety that this is not used. We appreciate that it may be necessary for you to use our facilities but please be aware that we will be required to fully sterilise the w/c afterwards.
- Please be sure to arrive on time but not earlier for your appointment.
- On street parking is available on Woodbury Park Road and the surrounding streets. Please do not park on our drive as this will block our household access.
- Once you have parked, please walk up the drive towards the large Flow sign on the large green side gates to the right of our house. Here you will be met by Ben who will walk with you to the Flow premises.
NB> If the weather is very wet, please come through to the entrance door to Flow, where Ben will meet you.
- On entering the Flow premises, you will be asked to use 70% alcohol hand sanitiser before putting on a surgical grade face mask which we will provide. We will then move into the treatment room.
- You need to keep your face mask on throughout your appointment.
- After your appointment you will be asked to dispose of your face mask using the pedal bin provided and apply hand sanitiser before leaving.
- Single-use disposable paper tissues are available in the treatment room. If you need to cough, sneeze or blow your nose, please use one of these and then dispose of it in the bin provided. If you are unable to take a tissue in time, please cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow, not your hands.
- Should it be necessary for you to remove items of clothing for your treatment, we ask that you place your clothing on the plastic chair provided so that it can be wiped down afterwards.
WHAT WILL BEN BE WEARING
Ben will be using the PPE stipulated by the osteopathic professional standards for COVID-19. This will include:
- Fluid resistant surgical mask (FRSM Type IIR)
- Nitrile disposable gloves
- Plastic apron
These will be disposed of after each appointment.
Our full COVID-19 Risk Assessment & Mitigation document is available here.
OSTEOPATHY & REHABILITATION
By movement, stretches and massage, osteopathy helps us to identify, treat and prevent many health conditions. There is good evidence that it is an effective treatment for many issues which cause pain and joint restrictions.
Osteopath treatments coupled with tailored yoga practice can effectively pave the way to rehabilitation. With experts in both of these fields, Flow offers a unique, unified and collaborative approach.
When we are structurally stable we can move through life free from discomfort. Flow structural stability sessions are osteopath-led private classes targeting the muscle groups that need strengthening within you.
Exercise is part of our everyday lives and we positively benefit from it in terms of our health and well-being. However, taking exercise can put us at greater risk of injury. The role of an osteopath in relation to sports injuries is to help prevent injury and treat it when it occurs.
A professional and friendly Osteopathy practice with convenient parking and accessibility.
OPENING TIMES – NB our Groombridge clinic is currently still CLOSED.
The practice is set within a beautiful garden haven in the heart of Tunbridge Wells.
Monday: 2pm – 8pm
Tuesday: 9.30am – 4pm
Thursday: 9.30am – 4pm