330 hour Teacher Training Course at Flow Tunbridge Wells
THE 2019 COURSE STARTING IN MAY IS NOW FULL!
The next course will start in May 2021.
Please email us at understandingyoga@
This teacher training is for people with a thirst for knowledge. Knowledge not just about the skills and techniques needed to become a good yoga, meditation and pranayama teacher but the kind of knowledge, and more importantly understanding, that will ignite a fire in your belly to explore more.
This fire is vital for your own self-transformation and discovery and we will consistently emphasis the self-first, before you can reach out and support others through this work. Exploration, creativity, discussion, good humour and support will be at the heart of our comprehensive course. Supported by the years of experience and wealth of knowing that your teachers are willing to openly to share and pass on to you. We are immensely proud and humbled to have gathered guest teachers who are at the top of their field in their chosen specialism and have been teaching or working in their areas for 10 – 25 years. Our course is small (maximum of 12 students per intake) and bespoke. All modules will be located at Flow Tunbridge Wells in Kent.
Flow is a small, purpose built, stunning and fully equipped yoga studio committed to authentic yoga teaching and learning. We will establish a buddy system and support you every step of the way, making things easy and simple for you so you can concentrate on your job of developing yourself and your unique skills as a teacher. Philosophy, living anatomy, breathwork, pranayama, meditation, creativity, safety and structure will be at the core of all that we do and all that we unveil to you over the 20 months of our 330-hour Yoga Alliance Professionals accredited course. Ultimately, our aim is to tap into the very heart of your essence and reveal the unique truth of your authentic self, so you can become a great teacher and a hungry student of life. By the end of the course we aim for you to have enough of an UNDERSTANDING of both yoga and yourself to confidently excel in a career as a unique, gifted and individual yoga teacher.
Join us, it’s going to be quite a journey…
Please note that your teaching team are ALL Senior Yoga Teachers and have been teaching for a minimum of 8 years each, some with over 35 years of teaching experience. Please follow the website links for much more information about each teacher.
Please send course related questions only to Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be happy to help.
- Lucy Parker
Asana, teaching skills, creativity and the business of being a Yoga Teacher
- Ben Parker
Registered Osteopath, BSc (Hons) Ost Med, ND – Living Anatomy and Physiology
- Alexander Filmer-Lorch
Meditation and Philosophy
- Laurent Roure
Breathwork and Pranayama
Our UNDERSTANDING YOGA TEACHER TRAINING is a comprehensive and niche opportunity to explore the very best of you with the very best of teachers in various specialist areas. The course is limited to a maximum of 12 students per intake which allows for an entirely bespoke, personalised experience of the course and therefore a much deeper understanding of the lessons given.
The course will run from May 2021 – December 2022. Over this 20-month period we will meet for 7 long weekends (all day Friday, Saturday afternoon and all-day Sunday including one Bank Holiday Monday) and 10 short weekends (Saturday long afternoon and all-day Sunday). All weekend modules will be located at Flow in Tunbridge Wells. We will take August off. We also have a compulsory residential week in May 2022, not that you‘ll want to miss it! The retreat is important, it will embed our learning, enhance trust and bonding as a group and ignite your creativity and sensitivity towards others for yourself and in your yoga teaching. Please see the full course schedule attached.
During this full 20-month course you will receive 300 contact hours of teaching.
FULL COST: £3,950
including a 5-night residential week in May 2022
Payment installment options
£1,200 non-refundable deposit
+ £250 monthly for 11 months
Deposit to be paid via bank transfer. Additional installments to be paid as a payment plan on your Flow Mind Body Online account. We can offer an additional £100 discount on the full course fee if paying in full in one installment as a bank transfer only.
NB> Once enrolled onto the course we will be unable to offer refunds and any outstanding payments will be due whether you are able to attend the course or not. Once the course starts it will be impossible for us to include any late intakes so all students must pay in full regardless of circumstances. Thank you for your understanding.
Should you enroll onto the course and decide not to begin your training in May 2021 you can defer so long as we know before 1st March 2021. After that time there will only be an option to defer if we are able to fill your space on the course.
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE
- 300 hours of contact teaching
- 20 months of training support
- 100s of relevant handouts to create a personal training folder
- Tailored Homework, feedback and marking
- YAP Trainee Teacher registration and insurance
- Vegan lunch on 9 discussion lunch days
- 5 night UK residential retreat, fully catered
- Kirtan Sacred Chanting event and other enriching activities during the residential
- Buddy Scheme, and encouragement for this buddy scheme to continue post training
- Opportunity to run classes at Flow Tunbridge Wells in a designated weekly class slot
- Closed Facebook group page
- Video and audio files to follow up from certain areas of teaching in relevant modules
- Email contact with Teaching Team for specific, course related questions
- Graduation celebration
- YAP accredited Teaching Yoga Foundation certificate, can be used as a ‘bolt -on’ to some 200 hour certificates to become accredited with a 500 hour certificate, depending on accrediting body.
We require 98% attendance on this course as well as completion of homework for completion of the course / graduation. If course attendance becomes impossible for any of the modules there will be systems in place for private 1-2-1 tutoring to catch up. The cost of this will be arranged with the relevant tutor and the times, location etc will be agreed together with your tutor.
Commitment is important for this course, not only for you but also for your fellow students and the course leaders to offer a consistent, authentic and valuable training for you. In addition to 98% + attendance on the course we also ask the following of you:
- Keep a personal journal over the 20-month period
- Attend and have signed off 100 x 1 hour classes
- Complete set homework to date and to a high standard
- Observe a minimum of 6 x hour – long yoga classes
- Observe a minimum of 3 non-yoga physical classes (Pilates, gym class, dance etc)
- Assist a minimum of 6 x hour-long yoga classes/workshops/retreats
- Teach a minimum of 4 classes at Flow
- Observe our buddy system and set up clear, regular and friendly lines of communication with your buddy
- Attend and be open to creative awakening of the week-long residential week
It is important that we have a mutually understood agreement between all teachers, students and Flow Yoga Studio in order to uphold the high expectations of this course. We therefore all mutually agree to run this course within the highest of standards of time keeping, mutual respect and consideration, cleanliness of venue, safe and effective teaching, considerate and appropriate questions and discussion, professional and courteous communication and careful and honest approach to teaching and learning.
We truly hope you don’t have any issues with any of our teachers, or the course content over the duration of this course. However, if you find you do this is what we recommend you do to resolve them:
- We are a team, as such you will be encouraged to create a relationship will us all. If you feel that you have an issue with one of the teaching team, please let them know. If you don’t feel that your concerns have been heard do feel free to let one of the others know. Discuss it with them and be open about your concerns.
- If things don’t improve of course you can write a formal letter or email to us as a group. This letter would be sent to Lucy Parker at the Flow address. We will ensure that it is raised on one of our board meetings.
As a student of UNDERSTANDING YOGA training course, you will consent to your contact details (name, email and phone number) being held by Flow Tunbridge Wells and all Teaching Team. You will also consent to these details being passed onto our partners, Yoga Alliance Professionals, so they can contact you directly to complete your registration as a Trainee Teacher and invite you to become a fully qualified Yoga Teacher on successful completion of this course. You understand that you have the option of opting out of this registration process or not allowing your details to be passed onto the course Teaching Team at any time.
You also allow your image to be used for course promotional material should a photograph be taken whilst in UNDERSTANDING YOGA Teacher Training and with your consent.
For more information or to discuss any aspect of this course with Lucy please telephone 07976 439122 or email understandingyoga@